Tabla Taalim by Sejal Kukadia
I am very pleased to inform you about the wonderful tabla textbook that my dear American student, Sejal Kukadia has written. I am very proud of her and wish her all the best. The book is beautifully done and I know it will be a great resource for all. If you wish to purchase it, please contact Taalim School. Information about this guide to tabla is below.
Tabla Taalim takes a comprehensive look at the rich percussive art of Tabla. From the ancestral lineage of the gharanas to analysis of the rules of tabla compositions, this book covers all facets of Tabla. Tabla Taalim serves as a theoretical and practical guide to tabla, describing the fundamentals behind taal, the role of a tabla player and highlighting the distinctions with tabla playing for solos and different styles of accompaniment, complete with compositions. Written in easy-to-follow language, this tabla textbook serves many purposes and may also be used as a study guide for the Sangeet Visharad (equivalent of Bachelors of Music) exam.
Tabla Taalim Offers:
– 70+ color graphics, including rare photographs and gharana lineage charts
– Biographies of great tabla maestros
– Tabla solos in 15 different taals (Teentaal, Rudra Taal, Dhamaar taal, Brahma taal and more)
“Treatment of all topics are to the point and authentic“
– (late) Pandit Sudhirkumar Saxena, Ajrada Gharana
“Very impressed with the work she has done“
– Pandit Swapan Chaudhuri, Lucknow Gharana
“Great source of information for all students of Indian Music“
– (late) Ustad Shafaat Ahmed Khan, Delhi Gharana